View from the Room: Village Hotel, Hull
It is out-of-town but with free parking
Curiously, the Village Hotel is situated at the back on an industrial estate/business park. Especially curious as there were two weddings going during the bank holiday weekend and it was quite bizarre seeing guests dressed in their finery sitting outside with their drinks with a delightful view of the car park!
Extremely slick and modern
Self check-in although staff popped up to help
Room 409 is spacious but the immediate and big downside is that it’s incredibly warm, even when 12c outside and windows are permanently open. It badly needs air conditioning, although the hotel clearly know this has been a factor in previous reviews as we had a floor standing fan waiting for us.
3 pillows (no spares) which all fitted perfectly along the bed.
No spare sheets/blankets. We could have done with a flat sheet but we just decided to empty out the duvet and use the cover for convenience.
- Well-lit with a long bath and fast running taps
- Towel shelf/rail over bath
- Bathrobe hooks on door.
- Hand towel rail behind door (away from sink)
- All mixer taps
- Shower – detachable
- There is room around the sink but no cupboard storage
- 2 bath towels 2 hand (no face) and a bathmat
- Toiletries, curiously, they were two large size shampoo bottles fixed to the shower wall, but no conditioner. Plus a hand wash attached the sink wall. No shower gel, definitely no moisturiser or anything else.
- 11 Wooden hangers, 1 shelf
- TV unit/dressing table with one chair, a ciupboard and 3 drawers – one taken up with fixed hairdryer.
- Two bedside units with a drawer and shelf each
- Lights excellent and mostly accessible from the bed:
- Two fixed to headboard, 2 hall lights, one free standing and one each above each of the two mirrors
Iron, board, hairdryer stuck into a drawer
Floor standing fan.
One small heater (unused. I can’t imagine it’s ever used and unless January temperatures really plummet.
Two seater sofa that is quite hard to sit on plus a coffee table
Window with 2 windows that open slightly. The window sill stayed cool because of this so good to store bottles of water
TV – a very old Sky box but ok
Food & drink
Basic tea/coffee in room with kettle
We could have done better
One lift but it was always seemed available, even though there appeared to be two wedding parties over the weekend who decided a hotel on an industrial estate would be a perfect setting for their big day!