View from the Room: Summit Lodge, Whistler BC
We wanted something a little special for the to celebrate the beloved’s birthday and we got it here. From the little duck in the bathroom to the recycing bin that separates four ways to the soft towels, bathrobes and quality full-sized toiletries, the Summit have thought of everything.
- Excellent, spacious room with everything we needed.
- Large bed with 5 pillows (3 across)
- 3 drawers in each bedside unit
- Drawer and two shelves both bedside units
- Dining table with 4 comfortable chairs
- Solid coffee table
- TV unit with 2 drawers and shelf
- Windowsill storage
- Doors to two balcony
Wardrobe in entrance hall with hanging shelf space and large shelf above & 11 wooden hangers
- 2 hob rings
- Plenty of storage and pans if needed.
- Mugs, glasses, plates and bowls (curiously no tea plates!) and plenty of good quality cutlery
- Stove top kettle and toaster
- Drainer and mat
- Small fridge. We didn’t get to the bottom of why it froze the milk and everything else but it didn’t really matter for the 3 nights we were there.
- Iron & board
- Plenty of spare towels
- Two soft bathrobes
- The best recycling bin I have ever seen with 4 compact compartments (want for home)
Plenty in all the right places
- Good bath and overhead shower (detachable)
- Quality shower curtain
- Plenty of soft white bath, hand and face towels on rail and in basket
- Plenty of space around sink and bath for storage
- Two hooks
- Large mirror
- Tissue box
- Full size toiletries only (no shower cap etc.)
- Extendable washing line
- Shaving point
- Well-stocked mini bar with snacks at usual hotel prices
- Keurig pod coffee machine with only dry powdered milk but they happily bought us some fresh milk on one of the days.
There was just one TV in the lounge.
Plenty of lamps and overhead lighting which gets brighter after a few moments (energy saving?)
Lots of amenities but not sampled
Two lifts which always seemed to be readily available despite the ski season having just kicked off.
Top notch throughout with the added bonus of complementary Baileys hot chocolate offered up in reception on one day and mulled wine on another. Staff were courteous when we asked for help or otherwise we felt pretty secluded.